PGA Merchandise Show Attending Media
Nearly 1,000 editorial media professionals representing 25 countries attended and reported from the 2014 PGA Merchandise Show. Reporting media outlets represented the full spectrum of consumer and trade golf media outlets, plus business, sports and lifestyle outlets such as Bloomberg News, Celebrated Living, ESPN.com, Fox Business News, IMG TV (UK), Irish Examiner, L.A. Times, Chicago Daily Herald, NBC Sports, New York Times, Orlando Sentinel, Ottawa Citizen, Palm Beach Post, Sporting Goods Intelligence, Sports Illustrated, the Wall Street Journal and Yahoo Sports.
Golf Channel provided nearly 15 hours of live coverage from the PGA Merchandise Show in 2014. Multiple daily live video reports, blogs and photo galleries were available at PGA.com, GolfChannel.com, and national golf media outlets such as Golf Digest, Golf Magazine and Golfweek.
View the 2015 PGA Show pre-registered media outlet list »
View a selection of 2014 PGA Merchandise Show media coverage »
2015 PGA Merchandise Show Complimentary Media/PR Resources:
Exhibitor Media Materials Deadline: January 7, 2015 ×
- Build Out Your Online Listing—FREE - The online exhibitor directory is the first place PGA Professionals, retailers and MEDIA go to learn more about your company before and after the PGA Merchandise Show. At absolutely no cost, your company is able to showcase the following for free in your exhibitor listing: company name, description, product listings, booth number, address, phone number, fax number, Web site URL, press releases, public relations contact and show specials. Access the exhibitor dashboard to create your detailed listing.
- If you have any problems logging in please contact:
- Utilize the FREE Exhibitor News Release Template - A PGA Merchandise Show exhibitor news release template has been designed for you to easily insert your company and product information for distribution to media regarding your show participation and product announcements at the upcoming Show. Access the template »
- FREE News Release Placements - Upload exhibitor news releases to the official event website (PGAShow.com) for multiple placements including your online exhibitor directory listing; the PGA Merchandise Show online media resources page; the advance electronic press kit sent to nearly 2,000 golf, sports & sports business media; plus the "green" media library for use by media onsite in Orlando. Access the exhibitor dashboard to create your detailed listing.
- PGA Show Electronic Press Kit Sent to 2,000+ Media Professionals – Exhibitor Media Materials Deadline for the Advance E-Kit – January 7, 2015
- Upload your exhibitor news release to the PGA Show exhibitor dashboard to be included in the EKit.
- PGA Show Digital Press Kit (distributed at PGA Show) – Exhibitor Media Materials Deadline – January 12, 2015
- Upload your exhibitor news release to the PGA Show exhibitor dashboard to be included in the on-site press kit.
- PGA Shows will download the most recent news release an exhibitor has posted to the exhibitor dashboard to include in the digital press kit distributed to editorial media in the PGA Show Media Center. We will download exhibitor news releases and add to the digital kit on January 13, 2015.
- Add Media Materials & Contact to Your Listing:
Once logged into the exhibitor dashboard page, add:
- Exhibitor public relations/media contact name/email to “Approve Your Company Info”
- Exhibitor news releases to “Upload Your Press Release”
- FREE News Release Submission in The Golf Wire - The PGA Golf Exhibitions' partnership with The Golf Wire, golf's daily electronic newsletter reaching 100,000 golf industry executive subscribers, provides PGA Merchandise Show exhibitors with ONE free news release submission regarding PGA Show participation, available between October 15, 2014, through January 23, 2015.
- The release must include details of participation in the PGA Merchandise Show within the press release text; use an e-mail subject heading of "Wire: PGA Show 2015" & be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. News release should be attached as a word document and any images as jpegs. Limit one release per exhibiting company; one release per email.
- For more information about The Golf Wire corporate subscription rates and packages, contact Larry Olah at LOlah@Golfweek.com.
- Separately, companies participating in the PGA Show under a “new exhibitor package” receive a one-year news release program with The Golf Wire as part of their PGA Show agreement. This commences in January 2015. New Exhibitor Package companies will receive new account information and news release submission instructions directly from The Golf Wire.
- Golf Channel Broadcasts LIVE from PGA Merchandise Show
Golf Channel's Morning Drive will broadcast live from the PGA Merchandise Show Outdoor Demo Day on Tuesday, January 20., and from the PGA Merchandise Show floor Wednesday, January 21 through Friday, January 23. Additionally, the PGA Merchandise Show will be covered extensively throughout Golf Channel media platforms, including Golf Central and www.golfchannel.com.
To share your company and product announcements taking place at the PGA Merchandise Show with the Golf Channel news staff for editorial consideration, please send your announcement to email@example.com with the email subject of "PGA Show Exhibitor Announcement."
- PGA Show News, the official daily newspaper of the PGA Merchandise Show
Each Show day, PGA Show News highlights exhibitor news and events, photos of events and industry professionals, plus PGA Show Week happenings. Please share your new product information and images directly with the editorial staff for consideration in the daily editions.
For editorial consideration, please send:
- New product(s) information – approximately 30-40 words per product, PLUS
- New product image(s) – 300 dpi high resolution product photos; JPGs are preferred
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Don Jozwiak, PGA Show News/PGA Magazine
- Email subject of "Exhibitor Product Submission"
- Advance feature story early deadline – Dec. 15, 2014; Live pages late-breaking news/events – open deadline through January 22, 2015
(Interested in paid advertising in PGA Show News? Contact Kyle Hackney at 203-840-5427 or e-mail email@example.com)
- PGA Magazine & PGA.com - Submit your company product news to The PGA of America's influential media properties:
- PGA Magazine - PGA Magazine will provide comprehensive Show coverage in PGA Magazine and PGAMagazine.com. All exhibitor media materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PGA.com - Editors from the PGA.com staff will produce the official webcast of the PGA Merchandise Show. Send exhibitor media announcements to email@example.com.
- FREE – Exhibitor News Release Distribution to Golf/Sports Media – Upload your PGA Merchandise Show news release to your online listing and PGA Golf Exhibitions will share a link to exhibitor news releases in the weekly PGA Merchandise Show media email distributed to nearly 2,000 golf and sports media professionals.
- Contacting Attending Media: Exhibitor PR Professionals may request a pre-registered editorial media contact database (of those media authorizing PGA Shows to share contact information) by request to Sherry Major at firstname.lastname@example.org (beginning December 1, 2014).
- Plan to Promote On Site! Announce celebrity or special guest appearances; contests & give-aways; Show specials; and in-booth events by adding your information to your exhibitor listing. We will promote this information to attendees and media in advance and onsite through a variety of communication vehicles. Access the exhibitor dashboard to add appearances, events, show specials, contests and more to your listing.
- Complimentary News Conference Facilities—PGA Golf Exhibitions provides a meeting room for companies to hold 25-minute news conferences. Room set-up, staging and most AV equipment are provided at no charge. Click here to request a press conference meeting room.
- PGA Show Media Center
- The PGA Show Media Center is located on the third level of the OCCC (one level above the exhibit hall) in Room W311. Exhibitors may bring public relations materials (news releases, fact sheets, flyers, press kits, flash drives) directly to the Media Center for distribution to attending media and PGA Show News editorial staff beginning Tuesday, January 20. PGA Show staff will collect the exhibitor materials for placement in the PGA Show Exhibitor Media Library (literature cubbies) and each distribution space will be identified with the exhibiting company name – available on a first-come, first-served basis. Additionally, all exhibitor recording equipment (audio/video) should be brought to the Media Center where the camera operator will sign a standard PGA Shows recording agreement to receive a security clearance band to attach to the recording equipment. Also, the complimentary exhibitor news conference facilities are located within the Media Center in Room W312 (reserved in advance).
- 2014 Resource: Download the 2014 Onsite Attending Media Outlet List
Beware of unofficial Daily publications
PGA Merchandise Show exhibitors are being targeted for advertisements and listings by outside publications claiming affiliation with the PGA Merchandise Show. Outside publications will not, in any capacity, have distribution channels at the PGA Merchandise Show: they will not be permitted on the grounds of the Orange County Convention Center, nor at PGA Show Demo Day, nor in any of the 20+ official PGA Merchandise Show hotels.
Please remember PGA Show News is the exclusive official daily publication of the PGA Merchandise Show and has exclusive distribution rights at all PGA Merchandise Show events and venues. PGA Show News and the official show directory (print and mobile editions) are the most effective ways to get your ad and news directly into the hands of more than 40,000 attending industry professionals.
Please contact your exhibitor sales representative if you have any further questions.
To see the exclusive official advertising and sponsorship opportunities for the 2015 PGA Merchandise Show, please visit the PGA Show media kit.